Friday, December 6, 2013

1600 miles to Falkalnd Islands

Hi Yáll,
I'mvubu's position: 31 degrees 08 min S, 034 degrees 48 min W
It's day 19 from Cape Town and we're close-hauled sailing NW at the
moment since the wind is from the WSW. We had a nice visit from about
20 pilot whales today along with our usual entourage of petrels and
albatrosses, including a Wandering/Royal Albatross. Today was the
first time I've seen a flying fish and an albatross flying along side
by side. The plan is now to make landfall at The Falkland Islands
(which I'm pretty excited about--always wanted to go there) before
continuing on to Puerto Williams, Chile. If the winds cooporate we
should be at The Falklands within 10 days. Fishing has been slow. Ralf
caught a big tuna near Vema Seamount that we let go because it was too
big. I had something big on the line yesterday, but whatever it was
got off the hook before I could reel it in.
I appreciate all the SMS messages. Keep ém coming. I will be in touch
again when we get to The Falkland Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment