Thursday, December 13, 2012

East London to Knysna

Twister arrived East London yesterday afternoon after a 2-day sail from Durban. Bridget and I had a pleasant passage which included a 160-mile day and  a top speed of 9.7 knots courtesy of the Agulhas Current, Albatrosses and petrels, thunderstorms, a yellow-fin tuna, and lots of ships. Today Bridget is flying back to Saudi Arabia and I will be sailing on to Knysna this afternoon. It's about the same distance as Durban to East London, but with less current, so I expect the passage to take around 3 days.

More photos from South Africa

3 comments:

  1. What an adventure you live! I hope that you will publish a book based on your travels. Alex, Cati, Nina and Natalia are all excited to see "Tio Lars". They are anticipating your visit as well as your Mom's. Ths will be a very special Christmas for them. Sorry that I won't be there. Be sure to drink some gluhwein for me. That is some addictive drink. Loved it! Thank you for your card. Alex and I were delighted to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right past JBay...should have stopped. I recall really good oysters in Knysna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger that. Next time, definitely stopping in JBay

      Delete