Saturday, November 10, 2012

Departing Reunion

I plan to set sail for Richard's Bay, South Africa this (Saturday the 10th) afternoon. The ~1400 nm passage should take around 14 days, but could be longer if I get headwinds on the second half of the passage. I've had a wonderful time in Reunion and met some lovely people. I have aspirations of knowing some French next time I'm here. During the last several days I got to explore a little of the island's interior--canyons, volcanoes, and waterfalls. I also managed to get in a few more surf sessions at the break next to the marina. Yesterday, three more solo sailors arrived St. Pierre. I've never seen so many in one place. At the moment we are 5 (with two more having departed for South Africa).
I've uploaded a few more photos from Reunion:  https://plus.google.com/photos/103270251008355624305/albums/5799071900819550753
See you in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment